I have been playing badminton for over 5 years now. It is the second fastest growing sports in New Zealand. At this stage, it is my favourite sport. It requires fast movements, and lots of stamina to get you through a game. It is a very good sport, scientists say it is the fastest sports on the planet. Some of you will say it’s total BS, tennis and of course Formula one is a lot faster than badminton. That’s a no no. The highest speed of the shuttle cock traveling in now almost 500 Km/h, 493 Km/h to be precise. I don’t think even Michael Schumacher and do that in his Ferrari.
The record has been made by the Malaysia doubles player Tan boon heong, using the brand new Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed, he is also the previous record holder, but this time he managed to improve the speed by a large margin (Previously 421Km/h). I’d say it’s the advance technology used in the the new racquets.
Now we know the importance of badminton racquets. Here’s a list of badminton racquets I have been used before:
- Yonex armortec 70, the image below is a brand new armortec 70, but my one was a lease from a friends, and the shape of the racquet is slightly twisted, making it harder to use. This is known as a very heavy racquet with the twisted shape, it really trained the strength of my forearm. At the end, I returned it to my friend.
- Apacs Nano900 power, this is a gift from another friend, comparing to the first one, it is a much lighter racquet, and also the grip on the handle is wrapped really high, to make the head feel lighter, this image below is really my racquet after 4 years, it clashed with a double partner, both of them went into the bin. With the light weight I have learned a lot of control of the shuttle.
- Yonex Muslepower 88, this is also a gift, from my dad, who is also a badminton player, don’t be fooled by the name, this racquet is not fast nor heavy at all, this is a balanced racquet with a lower stiffness. It is so easy to use when I am doing a clear or a medium-strength smash, but in terms of shuttle controlling, this racquet performs poorly. And this racquets is turned to my dad, in order to get my fourth one.
- Yonex nanospeed 9900, this is only racquet I use at the moment, it is my first top-class racquet, and its performance is top-class too, in my opinion this is the best head light racquet there is. Fast movements, powerful smashes, excellent control of the shuttle. It is by far my favourite one. Sadly Yonex will stop manufacturing this racquet soon. I’m gonna hold on to this forever I think.
- Yonex nanospeed 9900 2011 London world championship version, this is a limited version for the Nanospeed 9900, everything is the same, but the colour. It’s also from a friend.